Tuesday, February 7, 2012

#7 ½: Welcome Mornings.

I found this goal in my little book last week and my first thought was “Ah geez. This would be interesting.”  But then I had to try it out :)  I got some good things going on last week, but there were other areas that could've still be a little more effective…hence the 7 ½.  But here’s week one results: 

GOOD

·         I ate breakfast every morning which just made everything  a lot lot LOT better…starting each day with a big breakfast in pajamas is a lot more motivating than a rushed granola bar on the way out the door  
·         Saving time to read my scriptures before I go to school.  Ha and I should clarify that reading scriptures VERY first thing, in bed, does not work :)
·         Hmm…thought I did more than just 2 things.  Three bullet points look better.

 NOT SO GOOD

·         Still getting up at least 30 minutes after my alarm goes off.  If I don’t jump out of bed in the first 2 seconds after I hear my alarm, I almost always fall back into a really deep sleep.
·         In an attempt to solve number one, I set an alarm before I needed to get up and another one when I really needed to get up.  Nope didn’t work.
·         Getting to bed at a decent time so I can get up and not fall asleep everywhere I go.  I’m really good at finding all sorts of comfy spots on campus to fall asleep; there was even a time I fell asleep in my shower for 45 minutes. Ha oops.

So moral of the story, I REALLY like sleeping and getting up each morning is nothing less than a struggle, but the second half of this goal will be added once I’m able to successfully figure out a way to pull my sorry body out of bed at the time I choose the night before.  Heaven help me.

Yup. When my alarm goes off, I'm right there with ya pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment